Last Modified: February 16, 2016
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you use the Flipdream Application (“App”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- in the App; or
- in e-mail, text, and other electronic messages between you and us.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including any other website or application operated by us or any third party, including our affiliates; or
- any third party, including through any application or content, including advertising, that may link to or be accessible from within the App.
Children Under the Age of 13.
The App is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to the App. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not: use or provide any information to the App or on or through any of its features, register on the App, make any purchases through the App, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the App, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We collect several types of information from and about users of the App, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, location, email address, telephone number, and website url (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as geolocation (which is only taken with your permission, given within the App); and
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the App, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you submit information to us by form submission within the App;
- automatically as you use and navigate through the App, for example usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies and other web tracking technologies; and
- from third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through the App may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the App. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the App.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the App, or transmitted to other users of the App or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on the App and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain areas within the App, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the App with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with the App, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns of use, including:
- Details of your usage of the App, including location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the App.
- Information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address and operating system.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the App and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including enabling us to:
- Deduce usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the App according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the App.
Tracking Technologies We Use.
We may use one or more of the following technologies to collect Personally Identifiable Information and other information: cookies, flash cookies, general log information, and referral information from third-party websites.
How We Use The Information.
We may use the information that we collect for any of the following purposes:
- To provide, operate, maintain, improve, and promote the App.
- To enable you to access and use the App, including uploading, downloading, collaborating on and sharing content.
- To send transactional messages, including responding to your comments, questions, and requests; providing customer service and support; and sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- To send promotional communications, such as providing you with information about services, features, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests, events and sending updates about your team and chat rooms.
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the App and for marketing or advertising purposes.
- To investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the App, and other illegal activities.
- To personalize the App content, features or advertisements.
- To enable you to share content with users you designate.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features in the App.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Flipdream’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Flipdream about the App users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include: l. You may correct, update and delete your account information. ll. You may change your choices for subscriptions and newsletters. III. You may choose whether or not to receive offers from us.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information.
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by signing in to your account within the App. For other personal information we hold, we will provide you with access for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate, or delete the data if we are not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law.
California Privacy Rights.
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits registered users who are minors to request and obtain deletion of certain posted content. To make these requests, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. When you request the information, use the phrase “California Shine the Light Request,” and include your mailing address, state of residence, and email address so we can provide a response.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you or where you have chosen a password for access to the App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to and within the App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
Links to Other Websites or Applications.
The App may contain links to outside websites or applications. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other websites or applications. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
You can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.